[squid-users] How to combine two proxies into one?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Feb 17 10:22:50 UTC 2018

On 17/02/18 14:37, Peng Yu wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 3:31 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>>
>> BUT, since neither of them was actually a reverse-proxy the answer of
>> how to merge a reverse-proxy and a forward-proxy would be quite different.
>
> I finally figure a configure that works. localhost:3128 is forward to
> both server1:3128 and server2:3128. localhost:3129 directly goes to
> the external network. Let me know if there is anything wrong with it.

see my response to your other thread where you asked why that config was
not actually working.

> Also, this only works for http. For https, localhost:3128 still
> directly goes to the external network. Do you know how to modify the
> following configuration to configure for https?

For forward-proxy of HTTPS traffic (aka CONNECT messages) you need to
configure one of:

 nonheirarchical_direct off
or
  never_direct allow CONNECT

otherwise Squid performs the more efficient DIRECT routing for the tunnel.