[squid-users] squid -k rec , seems has problem with ram leakage ?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Feb 17 09:38:10 UTC 2018

On 17/02/18 10:53, --Ahmad-- wrote:
> hey folks
>
> i have a Multi instances in squid and i run them and keep use(( -k rec))) option

"rec" as in the first characters of the "-k reconfigure" option?

That will only update the running Squid with new config file settings.
Sometimes that can reduce memory, but if the issue is in anyway linked
to the OS report of "maximum _ever_ used" stats for each process, it
will not change a thing - usually make the number higher as Squid must
fork() twice as many helper processes for a reconfigure.

> but it seems after some hours i see ram keep increasing .

numbers?

config file(s)?

> i see ram better if i kill squid then run it  normally .

Which resets everything related to memory and starts clean without any
of the OS and fork() related issues such as the one above.

> but
>

>  ram keep sucked by squid if i use -k rec option
>
> I’m using squid Squid Cache: Version 3.5.22

Does the same problem exist with 3.5.27 ?

PS. If you are using ssl-bump at all, make sure you have the Squid-3
workaround of "sslflags=NO_DEFAULT_CA" on every *_port line using
ssl-bump option to prevent openssl allocating vast amounts of useless
memory.