[squid-users] custom logfile_daemon causing FATAL error

Michael D bestluxna1 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 11 00:51:07 UTC 2018

Greetings all,
I have been attempting to write my own logfile_daemon for experimental purposes, but any daemon I provide causes "FATAL: I don't handle this error well". I also see "logfileHandleWrite: daemon:/var/log/squid/access.log: error writing ((32) Broken pipe)" with no other errors in the cache.log. I have read all possible docs about writing a custom logfile_daemon, but I have had no luck. For testing purposes my daemon is just a bash script that creates a file and pipes random text to it. The creation of the file/writing text to the file works fine, but soon after squid just dies. I have no help from the cache.log or squid.out.
The only line I have added to my squid.conf is "logfile_daemon /etc/squid/hi.sh". This causes the fatal error. I have also tried explicitly setting my access_log directive as well "access_log daemon:/var/log/squid/access.log squid", but that still does not work. Thanks in advance.
-Mike