[squid-users] How to set up a reverse proxy using squid for a simplified scenario?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 17:33:29 UTC 2018

Hi,

I see the following blog about setting up a reverse proxy using squid.

http://derpturkey.com/squid-as-a-reverse-proxy/

But there seem to be more configurations than what I need.

For example, for the following line, I don't need to restrict the
access to a specific domain.
http_port 80 accel defaultsite=www.example.com

Instead, any access to the IP of the reverse proxy should be OK. In
this sense, should I just use the following?

http_port 80 accel

Also, let's say I have two web servers server1 and server2 to be
proxied. Since I don't use a domain, I am not sure how Step 3 should
be adjusted.

I also do not want any restrictions to my reverse proxy. But I am not
sure how Step 4 should be simplified.

Could anybody please let me know how to configure squid reverse proxy
in my simplified scenario?

--
Regards,
Peng