[squid-users] Squid 3.x or 4.x acting as a transparent http proxy (NOT https)

Yuri yvoinov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 23:41:09 UTC 2018

Squid is relatively difficult to run with transparent mode on virtual
platforms due to NAT limitations on virtual platforms (this is not
squid's issue, this is issue if virtual platforms).

I'm using squid only in transparent mode (only in transparent mode)
several years on Solaris (bare metal) without any issues in HTTP/HTTPS
interception. With IPFilter. With 1-2-6-8 interfaces with different LAN
topologies. Starting from Squid 2.7, then 3.4, 3.5, 4.x and now 5.x. All
without serious problems.

But on bare-metal.