[squid-users] Squid 3.x or 4.x acting as a transparent http proxy (NOT https)

setuid setuid at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 21:45:29 UTC 2018

On 02/07/2018 04:38 PM, Rafael Akchurin wrote:
> If you do not mind looking at other tutorials - these are what we have
in the test lab.

> https://docs.diladele.com/tutorials/transparent_proxy_ubuntu/index.html
> https://docs.diladele.com/tutorials/policy_based_routing_squid/index.html

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have a version of these that is
BSD-specific?

I'm ultimately going to run Squid exclusively on BSD, although was using
Linux as a means to validate that the functionality to do transparent
proxying was broken (confirmed in both OS').

I'll give these a go tonight on Ubuntu and see where I get.

I do see the Apache/Web Safety hooks as "interesting", but they should
be decoupled as they're not required to get this working (and are likely
prohibited in many-to-most enterprises who would deploy a proxy in this
fashion).