[squid-users] About Squid's FTP-Proxy mode support!

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Feb 6 16:46:06 UTC 2018

On 02/06/2018 04:31 AM, Koji Fushimi wrote:

> In my understanding, the default is passive mode.
>  -/etc/squid/squid.conf  ftp_passive ON

Yes, passive mode is the default.

AFAIK, passive is also the only _working_ mode for Squid-origin
communication. FTP active mode is broken for Squid-origin connections
(and has been broken for many years IIRC).

Native FTP proxy (that Amos has mentioned in his response) supports both
passive and active FTP client-Squid connections. The ftp_passive
directive has no effect on those FTP client-Squid connections. Native
FTP proxy suffers from the same "active mode does not work" problem
mentioned above as far as Squid-origin connections are concerned.

HTH,