[squid-users] About Squid's FTP-Proxy mode support!

Koji Fushimi kotaro-243 at brown.plala.or.jp
Tue Feb 6 11:31:41 UTC 2018

Hello, All

Please provide information on Squid's support for FTP-Proxy mode.

In my understanding, the default is passive mode.
  -/etc/squid/squid.conf  ftp_passive ON

So if I want to work in Active mode, it is necessary to change
to ftp_passive off.

Is this understanding correct?

By the way, Is it possible to work both Active mode and Passive
mode simultaneously?
  -In our IT system, it is connected to many FTP Server (A-FTP Sever,
   B-FTP Server via Squid(FTP Proxy) Server. For example, A-FTP Server
   works in Active mode and B-FTP Server works in Passive mode.

Best regards, Koji