[squid-users] need outgoing addresses without duplication over big pool of addresses

--Ahmad-- ahmed.zaeem at netstream.ps
Sun Feb 4 09:53:22 UTC 2018

Hello Folks .

I’m trying to deploy squid with IPV6 solution that can give me outgoing address without any duplication .

say i have 10 millions of ip addresses on server ( IPV6 addresses ) /64 subnet .

and i have single port as back connect that will rotate the eternal ip address from that list of addresses for each request

I’m aware of squid random acl but there is like 1.5 % duplication over 1 hour  which i guess its normal behaviour for rotation random protocol .

my question is  :

what options in squid ACL or random algorithm that can randomise each request without any kind of duplication .

is there a way that we let squid on each request have outgoing address in sequence way .

say i have 10 millions of ips

and if i i made 10 millions of request i have 10 million non duplication outgoing address ?

plz let me know if this can be done from squid

or  other tools like HA
or operation system itself .

i was searching BTW about NAT66 but couldn’t find any way to make NAT from IPV6 to other IPV6

i know No nat needed with IPV6 , but i found new kernels do support MASQ in IPV6 Nat .

lets hope we have great discussion and best practise on achieving the goal above .

cheers