[squid-users] I can't understand the SSL connectios interception concept in explicit mode

Roberto Carna robertocarna36 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 14:42:09 UTC 2018

Dear, I can't understand an important concept:

I know that in transparent proxy mode, I have to intercept HTTPS
traffic in order to proxy and filter it.

But I read in the pfSense's Squid help that in explicit mode there is
no need to intercept the HTTPS traffic in order to proxy and filter
it....why is this possible? I think the explicit Squid proxy has to
intercept traffic in order to porxy and eventually filter it....

Please can you explain me this concept?

Special thanks