[squid-users] https debug

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Dec 31 13:28:32 UTC 2018

On 31/12/18 10:48 pm, Sampei wrote:
> I'm using application which uses https protocol by Squid  3.5.20 and It
> often occurs application timeout and other problems to use this software.

Please explain with more details about what this setup actually is.
There are many very different ways to "uses https protocol by Squid"
<https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/HTTPS>

> I tried to use application without Squid, bypassing it, and It works fine.
> How can I find out where Squid could create problems to this application?
> I tried to enable "debug_options ALL,2" feature but it's very hard to
> understand, suggestions please?

Upgrade Squid? Current release is 4.4, soon to be 4.5.

The old 3.5.* series lacks a lot of TLS feature support and polishing of
the Squid behaviours.

If the Squid logs do not contain the desired info you can always look at
a packet trace of the traffic.