[squid-users] Windows Squid built using MinGW and running, trying to get adapter linked in at run time

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Dec 20 16:40:23 UTC 2018

On 12/20/18 7:46 AM, Russel McDonald wrote:

> 2018/12/19 22:57:32| FATAL: dying from an unhandled exception: file not found

I do not know enough to help with Windows-specific questions, but please
note that the "file not found" error in this context is often lying.
IIRC, the libtool library that Squid uses to handle dynamic library
dynamic loading errors. This is not something Squid itself can fix.

On Unix, one can use environment variables like LD_DEBUG=ALL and
LD_WARN=1 to see why the dynamic loader is unhappy with the adapter
library. I do not know whether something like that works on Windows.