[squid-users] Why does Squid4 do socket(AF_NETLINK, SOCK_RAW, NETLINK_NETFILTER) = -1 EACCES (Permission denied) ?

eliezer at ngtech.co.il eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Thu Dec 6 11:27:41 UTC 2018

I have seen this with selinux also.
I can trace the issue down but just to clear out my doubts and before delving into DEBUG all,9:
On a default squid 4.4 with one worker no cache with default squid.conf, should we expect it or maybe it is a side effect in the code?
(Technically speaking if I do not trust Squid in general then I should probably not entrust these netfilter socket to Squid)

Thanks,
Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru