[squid-users] Define and use a variable in squid.conf (Was: What happens when duplicate external_acl_type are mentioned)

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Dec 3 16:14:18 UTC 2018

On 12/2/18 9:56 PM, Amish wrote:

> Current syntax isn't outright bad. Its decent enough.

I disagree (and can back my opinion up with fact-based reasoning), but I
see no reason to argue about that right now.

> May be squid.conf should have versioning processor at top.

IIRC, feature flags are considered a better general solution than
versions when it comes to language evolution. FWIW, we used a "feature
flag" approach with configuration_includes_quoted_values.

> Ofcourse this is a different subject altogether so I will end here on this.

Indeed.

Thank you,