[squid-users] Squid ssl_bump always makes outbound connection

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Aug 27 14:40:17 UTC 2018

On 08/25/2018 08:35 AM, Eric Lackey wrote:
> Using squid-4.2-1.el7.x86_64

> acl step1 at_step SslBump1
> ssl_bump terminate step1

> I would expect that if I terminate after step1, the connection to the
> remote server should never be made. Can anyone help me understand why
> Squid would still make the outbound connection in this instance?

Sounds like a Squid bug to me. There were several bugs related to
handing final step1 configurations because SslBump developers often did
not test them when modifying other SslBump aspects. Some of those bugs
still remain. This could be one of them.

I suggest filing a Squid bug report with a single-transaction ALL,9
cache.log attached.

Good luck,