[squid-users] [Squid Rewritter] Issue with the concurrency option

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Aug 21 21:05:02 UTC 2018

On 08/21/2018 08:53 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 21/08/18 10:16 PM, ygirardin wrote:
>> I'm working on updating my squid which was running under the 3.3.8
>> version to the new 4.2 release.

>> according to the documation I should be receive data with channel-id
>> going through 0 to concurrency.

> Which documentation is giving you that?

FWIW, 0..concurrency numbering of the first helper request field is a
very natural (but no longer correct) interpretation of that field name
-- "channel ID". IMHO, Squid documentation should be rewritten to use
"transaction ID" instead. Pull requests and wiki updates are welcomed.

What used to be a small channel ID from a 0..concurrency interval, is
now an ever-increasing/unique (within a helper instance scope) 64-bit
transaction ID. There is (a somewhat veiled IMHO) explanation about that
in Squid v4 release notes:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v4/RELEASENOTES.html#ss2.2

HTH,