[squid-users] [Squid Rewritter] Issue with the concurrency option

ygirardin ygirardin at olfeo.com
Tue Aug 21 10:16:54 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm working on updating my squid which was running under the 3.3.8
version to the new 4.2 release.

I'm using rewriter with concurency like this

url_rewrite_children 100 startup=10 idle=2 concurrency=5 queue-size=10
on-persistent-overload=ERR

So according to the documation I should be receive data with channel-id
going through 0 to concurrency. It was the case in 3.3.8 but with 4.2 I
never received anything in channel 0 and I sometimes receive data on my
helper stdin with channel id bigger than 5

This is what I receive

6 http://10.1.39.1:9123/redirect/?SessionID=64012081 10.1.0.39/10.1.0.39
- GET myip=10.1.39.1 myport=3128

Is that normal ?