[squid-users] simple question Installed squid right now all internet access is blocked

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Thu Aug 16 17:34:33 UTC 2018

On Thursday 16 August 2018 at 17:16:42, Alex K wrote:

> Why i have the feeling that this is a troll?

I know what you mean.  I had for the most part put Oldman's attitude down to
ignorance of networking and related technical stuff, however given the stunning
silence on his part since he accused us (or mostly me) of wanting to get
access to his Squid server and claiming that I was wasting his time, I'm
thinking that either:

a) you're right, and our collective reasonableness has made him realise that
we're not easily trolled, so he's gone somewhere else, or

b) he's considered that there might actually be something useful in what
several people here have been telling him, so he's gone away to read some more
(hopefully useful) documentation about Squid and how to use it.

Either way it bemuses me that someone who introduces himself as "not very
technical" chooses to have the email address admin at daraksun.com

If he's the admin, I wonder what the user experience is like...

> On Thu, Aug 16, 2018, 14:29 Oldman <admin at daraksun.com> wrote:
> > You wanted to know my server ip  and did you expect me to publish this
> > online?
> >
> > I chose to beleive you are wasting my time :)
> >
> > I am sorry I do not want to be rude but you are wasting my time.
>
> Why you don't hire a tech then to set this up for you? You don't provide
> the requested info regardless how patiently it has been asked and you
> demand in the same time help... Providing internal ip details and not
> public ones has zero security implications...

Oh well,

Antony.

--
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was formed in 1824.
The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children was not formed

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.