[squid-users] simple question Installed squid right now all internet access is blocked

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Thu Aug 16 10:48:18 UTC 2018

On Thursday 16 August 2018 at 12:35:40, Oldman wrote:

> See I took your invoice and deleted every thing
> installed Centos 6  32  bit in my VPS
>
> then yum install squid  I installed it

Okay, I'm going to guess that you're using Squid 3.4 then.

> I have configured my browser correctly and this is my conf file
>
> https://pastebin.com/raw/hxkMNbss

That looks much better than the first config file you showed us :)

Note that the cache_dir directive is still commented-out, so you won't be
doing any caching with that setup, but that's not important right now; it
won't be blocking access to web sites.

Now we just need an answer to my question 8.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Never automate fully anything that does not have a manual override capability.
Never design anything that cannot work under degraded conditions in emergency.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.