[squid-users] simple question Installed squid right now all internet access is blocked

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Thu Aug 16 10:27:15 UTC 2018

On Thursday 16 August 2018 at 12:14:04, Oldman wrote:

> OK I am newbie so please bear with me
>
> I am just learning nothing special no serious project
>
> what to change in my conf so I can access internet :)

Let's start with some basics...

1. What operating system have you installed Squid onto?

2. Which version have you installed?

3. How did you install Squid?

4. Did you follow any documentation telling you how to install and configure
Squid?  If yes, show us the URL of the documentation you followed.

5. Are you using the standard Squid config file?  See
https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ConfiguringSquid for examples.

6. Have you made any changes to the installed config file?  If so, give us
details.

7. I'm assuming you are using a browser to access web sites via Squid.  Have
you configured that browser to use a proxy, and entered the IP address and port
number of Squid so the browser knows where to find it?

8. You say "all Internet access is blocked".  Give us details of how you know
this - copy and paste error messages, tell us which application/s are
producing the messages, and preferably show us what appears in the Squid
access log when you try to access the Internet.

Basically, please understand that we can only help you if we know:

 - what you're trying to acheive
 - what you've done so far
 - what's going wrong

otherwise we're just making guesses about your computer, your network, and
your setup, which may be quite inaccurate.

Regards,

Antony.

--
I lay awake all night wondering where the sun went, and then it dawned on me.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.