[squid-users] Do I need to be technical to use squid proxy?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Wed Aug 15 18:58:20 UTC 2018

On Wednesday 15 August 2018 at 20:34:26, Oldman wrote:

> No sir I do not understand

Okay, "/dev/null" means "discard the output".  That is why:

	cache_log /dev/null

produces no cache log file.

> that is why I am here trying to just come up with some configuration that
> helps me keep the squid swimming :)
>
> About being dangerous  please guide me what to remove or add
>
> I suppose you are telling me that
>
> > acl SSL_ports port 1-65535
> > acl Safe_ports port 1-65535
>
> Are dangerous ?  Please guide me should I remove them all?

I recommend you simply do not change them from the defaults.

In general, do not change anything in the default Squid config file unless you
know why you need to change it.

Regards

Antony.

--
It may not seem obvious, but (6 x 5 + 5) x 5 - 55 equals 5!

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.