[squid-users] want to ask about DNS resolution in firefox as an example

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Mon Aug 6 11:39:12 UTC 2018

On Monday 06 August 2018 at 13:32:32, --Ahmad-- wrote:

> can you explain please ?
>
> im in FR and access my site from US proxy but visits show location as FR
> not US

Give us an example - what exactly do you mean by "visits show location"?

> what could be the reason ?

Cookies on your computer, javascript in web pages, browser language
preferences, locally cached content...

I'm sure I haven't thought of everything.

> thats why i ask about DNS leak plz advise !

What does https://whatsmyip.com/ tell you?

Antony.

--
I conclude that there are two ways of constructing a software design: One way
is to make it so simple that there are _obviously_ no deficiencies, and the

 - C A R Hoare

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.