[squid-users] Squid proxy server to log HTTPS traffic

Helen Rai helen.rai at nepallink.net
Thu Aug 2 07:05:48 UTC 2018

Hi,

The MikroTik router I am using has 24 ports.
There is 4 department and for each department 4 ports of Mikrotik is given.
That is
Department A has 4 computers and each of them is connected with ethernet
cable from port 4,5,6 and 7 of Mikrotik Router.
Department B, C, and D have the same number of the computer as Department A
and they are connected to 8,9,10,11 and 12,13,14,15 and 16,17,18,19 port of
Mikrotik respectively with the ethernet cable.
Each department is in different network (different private IP range).
Each department is later combined into each bridge interface.
Port 20 of Mikrotik is connected to Unifi-AP, which is broadcasting WiFi
signals. Mobile devices and Laptop which are not connected via ethernet
cable uses WiFi signals.
One of the port from Department A is connected to Raspberry Pi where squid
is configured.
Now what I want to do is log all the web traffic that is requested from
those devices which are using WiFi.
I have attached the configuration of squid and Mikrotik which I had done
for HTTP. (Please note that when I had done this for HTTP, the squid wasn't
configured with --enable-SSL or --enable-crtd)

I had referred some online sites to do for HTTPS but none of them worked.
Please help if anyone knows how to log all HTTPS request.

I have attached document regarding the rules applied in Mikrotik and squid3
configuration for HTTP.

----
Helen Rai
Platform operations, Nepallink