[squid-users] SSLBump and squid process CPU usage

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Apr 27 01:51:30 UTC 2018

On 27/04/18 03:19, masterx81 wrote:
> For now i've tried with the "workers 3" directive, i can see 3 squid process,
> seem that they span quite evenly the load and the page loading seem better.
> Hope that fix the bottlenek...
> In any case, i not know if there is somtheing wrong in the config that can
> hurt the performance....

Maybe yes, maybe no. The big performance drags are ICAP with extra TCP
resources requirements and delays, SSL-Bump with the TLS overheads, lots
of complex ACL processing, and regular network delays.

You mention having many ACLs but elided them so we cannot provide any
audit or hints to optimizing that part. The other parts you will have to
yourself test and check for what the actual delays are from each.