[squid-users] Fwd: Squid - Keepalive connections issue

Vishali Somaskanthan vsomaska at usc.edu
Mon Apr 23 22:46:45 UTC 2018

Hi all,
I am working on opening up a persistent connection from Squid -> server. i
have 2 questions.

1. I find Squid sometimes sends a [FIN, ACK] signal to server as a result
of which, Squid sends RST and resets the connection. Ideally, for
persistent connections, this shouldn't be the case. Can somebody help me in
this regard? Am I missing any other config directives with respect to
establishing keep-alive connections??

2. Are there any ways to configure how many number of keep-alive
connections should be initiated to the server??

PS:
1. I am using Squid 4
2. I have my *server_persistent_connections on* and
*client_persistent_connections
on*
3. Also, I enabled persistent connections for POST requests as well by the
following lines.

*acl post_req method POST PUT*
*server_pconn_for_nonretriable allow post_req *

Thanks and Regards,

*Vishali Somaskanthan*
MS Candidate, Computer Science
University of Southern California | Viterbi School of Engineering
213-421-7157