[squid-users] use tcp_outgoing_address based on incoming port connection

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Apr 23 17:11:35 UTC 2018

On 24/04/18 03:45, Arya F wrote:
> You cannot do that. Squid is HTTP layer where you can, at most, request
> from the OS that it assign a given IP address to the outgoing traffic
>
> Can you tell me how that can be done? I'm ok with using the IP address
> of the interface

Either, by configuring the IP address in tcp_outgoing_address as you
wrote in your first mail. The OS *may* use the interface associated with
that IP, unless the dst-IP routing requires a different one.

OR, by doing nothing in squid.conf and letting the OS select the IP it
already knows to use on the routes to wherever the dst-IP is going.