[squid-users] Client to proxy encryption for Internet Explorer

Panagiotis Bariamis akismpa at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 10:52:07 UTC 2018

 >LDAP is a database type, it is not specifically tied to the type of
>credentials used either. For example; have you looked into using
>Kerberos authentication? this over clear-text is similar or sometimes
>more secure than TLS.

Unfortunately administrators of LDAP can only provide basic authentication
scheme, so I am stuck with TLS proxy , plus there are 16 squid boxes that a
layer 7 load balancer routes the traffic depending on the hash of the url ,
so I think even if the administrators of openldap could provide me with
kerberos or ntlm authentication I could not load balance the traffic based
on url .