[squid-users] [icap] YouTube filtering module (URL redirector) for Squid to limit videos, categories and channels using YouTube API v3.

Rafael Akchurin rafael.akchurin at diladele.com
Mon Apr 16 11:27:22 UTC 2018

Greetings all,

We have added an experimental YouTube guard module in this new early build of Web Safety ICAP web filter for Squid proxy.
This module allows administrator to limit the watched videos on YouTube by video category, channel ID and video ID.  Status of the module is experimental and we need your feedback to decide it this module is worth including into production build.

The module is implemented as Squid's URL redirector. You would need to get the free YouTube API v3 token from Google as explained in https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/docs .  UI of Web Safety allows to configure squid.conf, list of allowed/blocked categories, channels and videos from the browser.

Completely pre-configured Virtual Appliance with Squid proxy 3.5.27 and Web Safety 6.3 is available from http://packages.diladele.com/websafety/6.3.0.C8FD/va/ubuntu16/websafety.zip

Please share your thoughts and ideas on YouTube filtering module at support at diladele.com.
Do you think it is helpful or at all needed?

Best regards,
Rafael Akchurin
Diladele B.V.
https://www.diladele.com