[squid-users] SSL intercept in explicit mode

MK2018 mohammed.khallaf at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 11:22:32 UTC 2018

Amos Jeffries wrote
> Which parts (if any in the current text) are you getting confused or
> lost by?

It is not about confusion as much as it is about syntax. Since I'm always
bumping to fight unwanted user traffic / analyze traffic consumption, I
would need to use 'stare' verb. But, I had only trouble figuring out the
correct syntax.

That said, I had used squid effectively and perfectly for more than a year
before I could understand (on my own) how to craft an 'allow' or 'deny' line
that contains all of: source acl, dst acl, connection method, HTTP command,
TCP port, excluded dst acl, excluded HTTP command! There was no clear and to
the point instructions on how to order those elements and correctly use
them.