[squid-users] Squid is very slow after moving to production environment

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Apr 10 21:04:12 UTC 2018

On 11/04/18 07:10, Roberto Carna wrote:
> Thanks to everybody...
>
> I've reviewed what you tell me. I've executed "squid -k parse" and
> everything is ok, and I've restarted de Squid entire server.
>
> When I use the server with IP#1, it works OK, is fast....but when I
> change its IP to IP#2 (the IP from the current Squid that I want to
> replace), the navigation is very very slow, just 20/30 concurrent
> users.
>
> So I think the Squid configuration parameters are OK, because with
> IP#1 the proxy runs perfectly.

Then the issue is probably not with Squid. Something outside Squid is
causing the issue - either the VM itself, or the network setup.

> Why just an IP change affected the performance of web browsing ????

We do not know the answer to that. None of the info so far shows any
sign of such a problem. Something you have not thought to provide yet
contains the clues.

Perhapse taking a look through the available logs (both Squid and
others) might find better information and ideas.

> Maybe because of something relative to Dansguardian ???

Maybe yes, maybe no. see above.