[squid-users] Ideas for better caching these popular urls

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Apr 10 10:43:47 UTC 2018

On 10/04/18 22:32, Omid Kosari wrote:
> Hello,
>
> squid-top-domains.JPG
> <http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/file/t93386/squid-top-domains.JPG>
>
> This image shows stats from one of my squid boxes . I have question about
> highlighted ones . I think they should have better hit ratio because they
> are popular between clients .

There are no URLs in that image. There are only wildcards for top-level
domains and a HIT % over the *entire* domain.

To figure out whether any of them should actually have better HIT ratios
you have to look at the actual URLs and see how much uniqueness exists
there.

Then for the _full_ URLs (scheme, domain, path, *and* ?query portions)
which are not very unique look at the response headers to see why they
are not caching well. The tool at redbot.org can help with that last part.