[squid-users] Squid on Linux being detected as proxy, but not on Windows

xpro6000 xpro6000 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 02:46:25 UTC 2017

I have also posted about this on stackexchange but never got a working
answer. I think here is a better place as it's dedicated to Squid

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/392849/squid-on-linux-being-detected-as-proxy-but-not-on-windows

Here is the problem I am facing

I have added the following to my squid.conf

via off
forwarded_for off
follow_x_forwarded_for deny all
request_header_access X-Forwarded-For deny all

but when I go to whoer.net it can detect that I am going through a
proxy, and the way it detects it, is by seeing that port 3128 is cached
even though I am using a different port. This does not happen with Squid on
Windows. How can I fix this problem? I'm running Squid on Debian 9

[image: enter image description here] <https://i.stack.imgur.com/OlVVT.png>