[squid-users] Reading gzip encodec content failed

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Tue Sep 26 17:57:55 UTC 2017

On Tuesday 26 September 2017 at 19:43:28, xpro6000 wrote:

> When I use my squid proxy server within my Java program I get the following
> error
>
> "Reading gzip encodec content failed.
> java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format"
>
> This does not happen when I use other proxies or if I don't use a proxy at
> all. Why is this happening? how can I fix the issue? I'm using Squid 3.5.23
> installed on Debian 9

We'd need to know quite a bit more about what "use my squid proxy server
within my Java program" means.  Obviously (presumably) you mean you're
performing HTTP transactions, with or without proxy support, but without any
details about quite how you're doing this, we have no information to go on.

Here's a suggestion:

Perform one of these transactions from your Java program and show us what
appears in the squid access log.

Then perform the same transaction using a browser, wget, curl or whatever can
do the same thing, and show us what appears in the squid access log.

Whatever you do, just give us something we can work with so we have some ideas
about what it is you're doing and what isn't working.

At the very least tell us what HTTP transaction you're trying to pass through
Squid.

Antony.

--
#define SIX 1+5
#define NINE 8+1

int main() {
    printf("%d\n", SIX * NINE);
}
	- thanks to ECB for bringing this to my attention

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.