[squid-users] Still at 3.3.11... time to upgrade?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Sep 26 13:44:16 UTC 2017

On 26/09/17 23:42, Travel Factory S.r.l. wrote:
> I have to say that squid 3.3.11 worked flawlessy since january 2014...
>
> ... but I think it is time to upgrade.

> Can you please suggest some docs to read about the migration path, the
> changes needed, the new features of 3.5?

Migration path is same for all Squid upgrades (even minor ones):

* install new Squid version

* run 'squid -k parse'

* fix anything it mentions as FATAL and ERROR. If possible the WARNING too.

Other details should be linked from:
   <https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Squid-3.4>
   <https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Squid-3.5>