[squid-users] delay pool not workin

Heiler Bemerguy heiler.bemerguy at cinbesa.com.br
Fri Sep 22 15:48:53 UTC 2017

Amos, talking about delay pools, I have a question: does it work if the
content being served is on a cache peer?

I think it only "shapes" traffic from a SERVER to squid, right? not from
a peer cache to squid.. :/

I'm having problems because we use a huge Microsoft Updates repository
as a cache peer and whenever a client on a 512kbit/s link (!!!!!!!!!)
starts his box, all the link is flooded with updates from us to it.

htcp_access allow localnet
acl wu dstdom_regex \.download\.windowsupdate\.com$
acl wu-rejects dstdom_regex stats
acl GET method GET
cache_peer 10.1.10.10 parent 8081 0 proxy-only no-tproxy no-digest
no-query no-netdb-exchange name=ms1
cache_peer_access ms1 allow GET wu !wu-rejects
cache_peer_access ms1 deny all
never_direct allow GET wu !wu-rejects
never_direct deny all
cache deny wu
cache allow all

prefer_direct off

acl srcdaico src 10.71.0.0/16
delay_pools 1
delay_class 1 3
delay_access 1 allow srcdaico !dstlocal
delay_access 1 deny all
delay_parameters 1 -1/-1 -1/-1 16000/16000

--
Atenciosamente / Best Regards,

Heiler Bemerguy
Network Manager - CINBESA