[squid-users] SSL_DB/certs are recahing 4MB on squid

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Sep 19 14:10:08 UTC 2017

On 09/19/2017 08:02 AM, Cherukuri, Naresh wrote:

> My squid ssl_db/certs memory is reaching to 4MB. What happens when it
> reaches 4MB? Is squid recycle by itself

Yes, Squid should evict old certificates in order to cache the new ones
while maintaining the total cache size at or below the configured 4MB level.

> [root@****** ssl_db]# ls -ltr
> [root@**** ssl_db]# du -sh certs

The above numbers do not matter to Squid. They should correlate with
Squid estimate of the database size, but to know how many bytes Squid
actually thinks the certificate database is using, do this instead:

  $ cat size

HTH,