[squid-users] urlpath_regex negative assertions

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Mon Sep 18 09:04:29 UTC 2017

On Monday 18 September 2017 at 09:43:12, Vieri wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to block access to URLs ending in *.dll except for those ending in
> mriweb.dll.
>
> acl denied_filetypes urlpath_regex -i denied.filetypes
>
> where denied.filetypes contains a list of expressions

Are the others working?

> of which:
>
> (\?!mriweb\.dll$).*\.dll$

You have that regex all on one line?

> This doesn't seem to work if I try to deny access.
> eg. an http client can access http://whatever/mriweb_test.dll when it
> shouldn't.
>
> Where's my mistake?

You need to have each possible matching regex on a separate line in the file.

Antony.

--
How I want a drink, alcoholic of course, after the heavy chapters involving
quantum mechanics.

 - mnemonic for 3.14159265358979

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.