[squid-users] get many logentries "ACL is used in context without an ALE state. Assuming mismatch" after upgrade from 3.5 to 4.0.21 when using external helper

Dieter Bloms squid at bloms.de
Thu Sep 14 14:25:21 UTC 2017

Hello Amos,

thank you for your answer!

On Thu, Sep 14, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> On 14/09/17 18:08, Dieter Bloms wrote:
> >
> > As I said before, squid works fine and checks the acls, but I get many
> > warnings in the cache.log and don't know the cause of it.
>
> The cause of it is a change to how external ACL locate their state data in
> Squid-4, so they can use logformat codes.
>
> What access control(s) are you using this helper with?

http_access deny blockhostsip
http_access deny blockhostsdomain

logformat blockhosts %ts.%03tu;%>a;%Ss/%03>Hs;%rm;%ru
access_log daemon:/var/log/squid/blockhosts-domains.log blockhosts
blockhostsdomain
access_log daemon:/var/log/squid/blockhosts-ip.log blockhosts
blockhostsip

deny_info ERR_CUSTOM_BLOCKHOSTS blockhostsip
deny_info ERR_CUSTOM_BLOCKHOSTS blockhostsdomain

In the ERR_CUSTOM_BLOCKHOSTS we use one variable %U, which will be
filled by squid.

--
Regards

  Dieter