[squid-users] Http write cache

Olivier MARCHETTA olivier.marchetta at outlook.com
Sat Sep 9 19:20:03 UTC 2017

Hello,

I recently set up a squid reverse proxy cache for Sharepoint Online with the help of Amos.

It is now accelerating all reads by caching objects in Squid.

Now I’m facing a more tricky problem : writing objects to the parent server.

In this case it’s a direct connection and so it is slow.

I am not familiar with all the options and capabilities of the http protocol, but do you know if it is possible to have an asynchronous write back to the parent server to accelerate the writes ?

Thank you.

Olivier Marchetta