[squid-users] TLS: 1st time w/intermediate cert: not working; ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Rafael Akchurin rafael.akchurin at diladele.com
Thu Sep 7 21:42:47 UTC 2017

Hello LA, Yuri,

The server analysis at https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=help.ea.com&s=52.0.220.87&latest shows the certificate chain presented by the remote server is indeed incomplete, specifically the following certificate is not presented:

---
Symantec Class 3 Secure Server CA - G4
Fingerprint SHA256: eae72eb454bf6c3977ebd289e970b2f5282949190093d0d26f98d0f0d6a9cf17
Pin SHA256: 9n0izTnSRF+W4W4JTq51avSXkWhQB8duS2bxVLfzXsY=
RSA 2048 bits (e 65537) / SHA256withRSA
---

Adding it to the intermediate certificate file as indicated on https://docs.diladele.com/faq/squid/fix_unable_to_get_issuer_cert_locally.html#way-1-add-missing-certificate-to-squid-web-safety-5-1-recommended and reloading Squid 3.5.23 allows to successfully see and bump the site.

Our UI generates exactly the same config setting as you have tried:
sslproxy_foreign_intermediate_certs /opt/websafety/etc/squid/foreign_intermediate_certs.pem

So it must be working :)

Best regards,
Rafael Akchurin
Diladele B.V.