[squid-users] adaptation_meta not passing through "%<a"

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Oct 31 21:31:42 UTC 2017

On 10/31/2017 02:42 PM, John Refwe wrote:

> I am trying to have squid pass through the destination server IP address
> to my RESPMOD ICAP via the adaptation_meta directive.
>
> My configuration line looks as follows:
>
> adaptation_meta DST_IP "%<a" all

The bug fix started as master 7d1dac7 (a.k.a. r14505) and was fully
fixed in master 1ce66e2 (a.k.a. r14525):

  https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/commit/7d1dac7
  https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/commit/1ce66e2

AFAICT, the fix has not been backported to v3 but is available in v4+.

Alex.
P.S. It is traditional to use "-" instead of "_" in HTTP and ICAP header
field names and prefix non-standard names with X. In your particular
case, there is an almost-standard ICAP header name that you may want to
use instead of DST_IP: X-Server-IP.