[squid-users] IPv6 only network

xpro6000 xpro6000 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 05:34:38 UTC 2017

Unfortunately my ISP does not provide an IPv6 IP, I need to create an only
IPv6 network so I can test an iphone app as required by the Apple store

https://developer.apple.com/support/ipv6/

What I did was, I created a VPS with IPv6 support, I added the following to
squid.conf

http_port 3001
acl port1 myport 3001
tcp_outgoing_address 2001:19f1:9232:d4d:b757:3535:1910:412e port1
server_persistent_connections off

The config above works fine. If the website supports IPv6, it does use that
IPv6 IP. But Squid uses IPv4 if the website does not support IPv6

Is there anyway to prevent Squid to use IPv4 for outgoing connections?