[squid-users] Squid regex grammar

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Oct 27 16:15:44 UTC 2017

On 10/27/2017 09:52 AM, Yuri wrote:

> As for me personally, I would like ECMAScript syntax to be supported in
> regular expressions of access control lists by default. :)

I think it is pointless to argue whether regex flavor X should be
supported. Once the necessary infrastructure is in place, the cost of
adding support for one more popular flavor is negligible compared to the
benefits it offers. The admin should be able to select the regex flavor
they want (even if they want a flavor that cannot look behind or match
an arbitrary character with a dot :-).