[squid-users] squid cpu usage

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Oct 24 14:16:04 UTC 2017

On 25/10/17 01:34, Vieri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> During the last 3 days my Squid process has gone wild with 100% CPU usage once a day. Since this is a production system (never had this issue before), I "quickly restart" the Squid daemon, and that solves the issue until the next day.
> Restarting takes quite a while...
>
> Next time I get a 100% squid process that brings my proxy to a crawl HTTP-wise, what can I try in order to get more info, and possibly see the cause of this?
> Would squidclient mgr:info shed some light on this?

That one is just the overview, so not likely to show more than that
things are going slowly.

Usually the 100% CPU is an indicator that the machine is swapping. So
check the memory usage when it is happening.

Next is probably the cache garbage collection. mgr:storedir report might
show that. Or an strace showing a lot of cycles in the cache replacement
calls.