[squid-users] Pseudo proxy authentication (mapping of IP address to user name) in intercept mode.

Rafael Akchurin rafael.akchurin at diladele.com
Tue Oct 17 14:21:04 UTC 2017

Hello Amos,

Thanks for your responses.

What I do not understand completely - if we have intercept style of deployment, when browsers know nothing about the proxy - how basic (or any other type of authenticator) will work? I always thought browsers will discard proxy-auth responses just because they do not know if proxy is in-between.

May it be that only session helper is applicable in this case?

Best regards,
Rafael