[squid-users] Official Docker Image?

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Oct 16 23:31:23 UTC 2017

On 10/16/2017 04:05 PM, David Barratt wrote:
> but a repo ("squid-docker"?) will need to be created under the squid org

The only checklist I found[1] says "associated with or contacted
upstream" so it looks like you can do it without creating a repository
inside the squid-cache organization. Moreover, there are official docker
repositories that the Docker team maintains on their own (e.g., Apache
httpd [2]).

[1]
https://github.com/docker-library/official-images/blob/master/NEW-IMAGE-CHECKLIST.md

[2] https://github.com/docker-library/httpd

FWIW, I do no object to creating a squid-docker repository in the
squid-cache organization if others think we should do it, but since the
Project resources are already spread too thin, I recommend creating that
repository in your own GitHub account if possible. A Project admin can
comment on your Docker PR that we are very happy with your contribution
(which would be a one-time action rather than a yet another small but
on-going administration/maintenance burden).

Thank you,