[squid-users] Ipv6 error

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Oct 9 13:58:03 UTC 2017

On 10/10/17 02:14, erdosain9 wrote:
> Hi.
> Im getting this kind of error:

> The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL:
> https://wiki.squid-cache.org/*
>
>      Connection to 2001:4801:7827:102:ad34:6f78:b6dc:fbed failed.
>
> The system returned: (101) Network is unreachable
>
> The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.
>
> So, i want disable ipv6 (because now i cant config ipv6 in my net).
> Squid is on a Centos7.

Configure your machine without any IPv6 routes and setup the firewall to
reject IPv6 traffic. Squid will handle the rest automatically as long as
ICMP is working properly.

Note that the error page you got shows the *last* destination to be
tried and fail. All the others have to fail first - both IPv6 and IPv4.

So for this to show an IPv6 it means the site is IPv6-only or you
configured "dns_v4_first on" so the last destination on Squids list was
an IPv6 instead of an IPv4.