[squid-users] YouTube\GoogleVideo caching is here, tested and verified.

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Oct 6 08:24:09 UTC 2017

On 06/10/17 14:09, Mohd Akhbar wrote:
> Hi,
> would you mind sharing the details steps, or have you documented it
> anywhere that we can refer. For me, i would like to test in my school
> env and maye al so be beneficial for education purposes. Another thing
> is, does you solution will save a specific video res like 720p or is it
> vbr ?
>
> And what squid version available for this solution ? i'm using version
> 3.5 (latest stable).

As Eliezers post mentioned the design uses SSL-Bump functionality in the
Squid to decrypt the HTTPS portion of the transaction before it does its
magic on the messages themselves.

As a result of that it will still face the cert pinning and HSTS issues,
and any other problems you may be having with the TLS MITM portion of
things. Likewise the usual requirement about following the latest Squid
releases and v4 being better at bumping also apply.

I can't speak as to whether it handles the video resolution cleanly
right now. It should be possible to do though since the resolution is
one of the URL parameters.