[squid-users] Display eCAP meta-information on Squid error-page

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed Oct 4 17:14:07 UTC 2017

On 09/27/2017 11:52 PM, Christof Gerber wrote:

> I have a question concerning eCAP implementation in Squid 3.5.

Actually, you do not :-). You have a question about using so called
annotations in Squid error pages. eCAP is just one of several annotation
sources in Squid. The other sources are ICAP services, helpers, and the
"note" directive in squid.conf.

> I know that with "adapt::<last_h" (1) this meta-information (options)
> can be logged to access.log.

FYI: It is best to use %note logformat %code for logging annotations.
The %adapt::<last_h code is meant for adaptation services debugging (and
to work around the current ICAP code lack of support for annotations).

> Is it somehow possible that Squid access
> these key-value pairs and hands it over to the Error page?

Unfortunately, Squid error page generation code is unaware of
annotations -- there is currently no code to add them to the generated
error page. Supporting %note and probably all other access.log
formatting codes (via some common namespace like %logformat::note) would
be generally useful IMO.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/AboutSquid#How_to_add_a_new_Squid_feature.2C_enhance.2C_of_fix_something.3F