[squid-users] YouTube\GoogleVideo caching is here, tested and verified.

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Tue Oct 3 23:54:09 UTC 2017

Hey All,

After quite some time I have compiled a solution for YouTube videos caching
for PC's.
The next step would be to cache it for mobile devices but I am looking for
someone who wants this solution.
The only drawback is that this solution is designed for
intercept\transparent proxies and not tproxy but it might work on these too.

The installation is pretty simple on a systemd based OS like Debian 8+9,
Ubuntu 16.04, CentOS\RHEK 7, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and OpenSUSE leap and
above.
It consists of four components:
- local redis DB
- ICAP service binary
- ICAP service system service unit file
- ruby StoreID script

And of course a special squid.conf with ssl_bump enabled.

For now I will not package it using RPM or DEB and will use a shell script
or README.md that describes the installation and usage steps.
Contact me here or by a PM.

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru